This homemade coffee gift basket includes all the essentials to make a delicious cup of coffee: Starbucks coffee grounds, a French press, coffee mugs, coffee syrup, and breakfast snacks. Who wouldn’t want to receive one?
Coffee Gift Basket DIY: Introduction
Are you searching for the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life? Look no further than a DIY coffee basket!
A coffee gift basket is a thoughtful and personalized present that shows your appreciation for their love of coffee. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just to brighten someone’s day, a DIY coffee gift basket allows you to add a personal touch and create a unique and memorable gift.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some creative DIY coffee basket ideas that will delight any coffee enthusiast. From gourmet coffee and flavored syrups to cozy mugs and delicious treats, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s dive in and discover the art of crafting the perfect coffee gift basket!
Make Your Own Coffee Gift Basket
Here’s what we will cover in this post:
What To Include In A Coffee Gift Basket
Here’s what I included in my homemade coffee gift basket. I’ve also listed other ideas for a coffee gift basket below.
- Wire Basket: Make sure you choose a basket that is sturdy
- French Press: Most people don’t have one and it’s perfect for coffee lovers
- Coffee Grounds: I chose Starbucks, but be sure to choose one that the person receiving this will love.
- Coffee Mugs: If you already know the person receiving this has more coffee mugs than they know what to do with, check out my other ideas listed below.
- Dish Towels: I prefer dish towels over basket filler, but you could use either.
- Snacks: You can get creative here! I chose my favorites: cookies and chocolate.
- Flavored Syrup: Coffee options are endless with flavored syrup!
- Coffee Sign: It’s free below! And this frame.
- Ribbon & Cellophane: This bow really makes your basket look professional.
Other Ideas For A Coffee Gift Basket
One of the many great things about gift baskets is that you can easily tailor items to meet your price point and for the person receiving this basket.
Here are some other ideas for your coffee gift basket:
- Milk Frother: instantly makes me feel like my coffee is not homemade!
- YETI Mug: these mugs are everywhere these days and it’s pretty safe to say anyone would find a good use for one. They come in a ton of different colors too.
- Keurig K-Mini: this is definitely on the pricier side ($80-$100), but is still a great option for your coffee gift basket.
- K-Cups: I only recommend K-Cups if you are including the mini Keurig in the basket or know that the person already owns a Keurig.
How To Make A Coffee Gift Basket
Start by placing folded dishcloths in the bottom of the basket.
Next, place the coffee wall art and coffee grounds against the back of the basket.
If you aren’t wrapping your basket in cellophane, you can tie the bow around the basket now. Otherwise, wait until the end to tie the bow.
Note: I’m convinced this coffee sign really pulled this gift basket together. Without the color and added height, this basket looked like it was missing something. You can get this free coffee printable below and the frame from Amazon.
Next, position the French press and flavored syrup in front of the frame and coffee.
Can’t decide if you should include a French press in your own basket or not?
I really recommend it! My favorite thing about a French press is that it forces you to slow down in the morning; you can’t simply push two buttons on your Keurig and have coffee ready.
Fill a coffee mug with Hershey’s Kisses and position the mug in front of the French press.
Then, position another snack, such as biscotti, between the French press and the flavored syrup.
Next, fill the second coffee mug with Ghirardelli Squares and position it in front of the biscotti.
Finally, add one more small package of cookies between the coffee mugs.
Are you torn about including coffee mugs, only to have them regifted? One thing to consider is that coffee mugs are a great way to personalize your coffee gift basket. Does the person that is receiving this gift love dogs? Then check out this mug. How about sports? You can find coffee mugs for the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. on Fanatics.
I opted for basic, tan mugs because they matched the neutral color scheme.
When To Give A Coffee Gift Basket
A gourmet coffee gift basket is an excellent gift for a coffee lover,the perfect Christmas gift, and a great gift just because.
- Easter (Easter basket for adults!)
- Mother’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- International Coffee Day (October 1)
- Housewarming Gift
- Just because
- Thank You
Free Wall Art Printable: Coffee Sign
Get this free coffee sign sent straight to your inbox.
Other DIY Gift Basket Ideas You May Like
Check out more homemade gift ideas and gift basket ideas here.
Coffee Basket Ideas: FAQs
Check out these frequently asked questions relating to making the best coffee gift basket:
What do you put in a coffee basket for a gift?
When creating a coffee gift basket, you have numerous options to include.
Start with the essentials such as a selection of gourmet coffee beans or specialty coffee blends.
Add a variety of flavored syrups to enhance their coffee-drinking experience.
To complete the basket, include a stylish coffee mug or two, some delicious chocolate treats like chocolate-covered coffee beans, and perhaps a bag of biscotti for a perfect combination.
You can also consider adding coffee-related accessories such as a coffee grinder, French press, or even a coffee maker for a more extravagant gift.
Tailor the contents to the recipient’s taste preferences and interests to make it a truly personalized coffee gift basket.
How do you put together a coffee basket?
To put together a coffee basket, start by selecting a suitable basket or gift box.
Line it with decorative tissue paper or cloth to add an extra touch of elegance.
Then, gather a selection of coffee-related items.
Include a variety of coffee beans or specialty coffees, ensuring you cater to different flavor profiles and preferences.
Add in flavored syrups, gourmet chocolates, and treats like biscotti or other cookies that pair well with coffee.
Include a few high-quality coffee mugs or a travel mug if you’re creating an on-the-go coffee basket.
Consider adding coffee accessories such as a grinder, French press, or even a personalized coffee station if you want to go all out.
Arrange the items creatively in the basket, using some filler material like shredded paper or fabric to add volume and ensure the items are secure. Finish it off with a ribbon or bow and a personalized note for the final personal touch.
What do you put in a coffee basket for a raffle?
When putting together a coffee basket for a raffle, it’s essential to create an enticing and appealing package.
Consider including a variety of high-quality coffee beans or blends to cater to different tastes.
Add in flavored syrups or a selection of coffee pods for convenience.
To enhance the coffee-drinking experience, include some delicious treats like chocolate-covered coffee beans, gourmet cookies, or biscotti.
You can also include coffee-related accessories such as a coffee mug, travel tumbler, or even a French press.
To make it more enticing, consider adding a gift card to a local coffee shop or a coffee subscription service.
Make sure to present the items attractively in a visually appealing basket or box to catch the attention of the raffle participants.
What do you put in a coffee box?
A coffee box is a compact and convenient alternative to a coffee basket.
When putting together a coffee box, start with a sturdy and appropriately sized box or crate.
Fill it with an assortment of coffee-related items.
Include a selection of coffee beans or ground coffee, ensuring you offer a range of flavors and intensities.
Add in flavored syrups or coffee pods for variety and convenience.
Include a few coffee mugs or a travel mug if desired.
To elevate the experience, consider including gourmet treats like chocolate-covered coffee beans, cookies, or even a bag of specialty tea for those who enjoy both coffee and tea.
Arrange the items neatly and securely in the box, and you can even add some decorative tissue paper or shredded paper for an extra touch.
Close the box, and if desired, you can tie a ribbon around it or attach a personalized note to complete the coffee box presentation.
Coffee Gift Basket DIY: Conclusion
With a DIY coffee gift basket, you have the power to create a truly exceptional and personalized gift for the coffee lover in your life.
From choosing their favorite beans and specialty coffees to including accessories like a coffee grinder or French press, you can tailor the basket to their preferences and make it a truly memorable present. Don’t forget to add some delectable treats like chocolate-covered coffee beans or biscotti to complement their coffee-drinking experience.
The joy and excitement on their face when they receive this thoughtful gift will be priceless. So, gather your coffee-related items, unleash your creativity, and get ready to wow your friends and family with the perfect coffee gift basket. Happy crafting!
DIY Coffee Gift Basket
- Wire Basket
- French Press
- Coffee Grounds
- Coffee Mugs (2)
- Dish Towels (2-3)
- Flavored Syrup
- Coffee Sign and 8×10 Picture Frame
- Cellophane (optional)
- Place the folded dishcloths in the bottom of the basket.
- Position the coffee wall art and coffee grounds against the back of the basket.
- If you aren't wrapping your basket in cellophane, you can tie the bow around the basket now. Otherwise, wait until the end to tie the bow.
- Place the French press and flavored syrup in front of the frame and coffee.
- Fill a coffee mug with chocolate and position the mug in front of the French press.
- Position another snack, such as biscotti, between the French press and the flavored syrup.
- Fill the second coffee mug with more chocolate and position it in front of the biscotti.
- Add one more small package of cookies between the coffee mugs.