Stuffed sweet potatoes with guacamole and veggies is an easy vegetarian dish that is perfect for meal prep or a quick weeknight meal.
Believe it or not, but I do enjoy squeezing in a ‘healthy’ dish or two in between all of the cookie trays and Super Bowl parties. I especially enjoy this dish during the cold winter months when my favorite veggies such as asparagus and bell peppers aren’t in season.
How To Make Stuffed Sweet Potatoes In 4 Simple Steps
Check out the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven.
- Mix the black beans, corn, and rice in a large bowl.
- Make the guacamole.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
What You Need To Make Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
4 FAQs about Stuffed Sweet Potatos
1. How should I cook the sweet potatoes?
The sweet potatoes should be cooked in the oven for this recipe so that the skin can carmelize. Cooking the sweet potatoes in the microwave or stovetop will cause the skins to become soft and potentially fall off.
2. Can this recipe be made in advance?
The sweet potatoes and veggies can definitely be prepared in advance. If you can, prepare the guacamole right before serving, to prevent the avocados from browning. However, if you do need to make the guacamole in advance, check out the next FAQ.
3. How to prevent avocados from browning?
This is my favorite new hack: store the guacamole in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag with as much as removed as possible (see picture below).
4. What are other occasions to enjoy stuffed sweet potatoes?
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Guacamole and Veggies
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- Mixing bowls
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Chefs knife
- 6 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Corn drained
- 2 cups Wild Rice* instant, cooked for 90 seconds
- 3-4 large Avocados
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes halfed lengthwise
- 1 Red onion diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice to taste
Cook the sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray butter.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Bake the sweet potatoes on the baking tray for about 50 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked throughout.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled enough to touch, cut them in half lengthwise and 'fluff' them with a fork.
Prepare the veggie mixture
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, microwave the instant wild rice for 90 seconds, or cook according to package instructions
- Open the can of corn and beans. Drain and rise thoroughly.
- Mix the wild rice, corn, and beans to combine.
Prepare the guacamole
- Mash the avocados in a medium/large mixing bowl.
- Add in the remaining guac ingredients (diced onion, chopped cilantro, halved tomatoes, a dash of lime juice, and salt) and mix to combine.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the veggie mixture on top of the 'fluffed' sweet potatoes.
- Top with a spoonful of guacamole.
You May Also Like
I Want To Hear From You
Did you enjoy these sweet potatoes? Would you add any other toppings? Have you heard of the avocado hack before? Share your feedback in the comments section below!