An easy, homemade mini apple pie recipe that is perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert table or backyard 4th of July barbeque. The pies are baked in an oven tin and topped with cinnamon and walnuts.
How to make this Mini Apple Pie Recipe
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then remove the pie crusts from the refrigerator so they can come to room temperature and spray a muffin tin with canola oil. Next, prepare the filling according to the apple pie recipe card below. Roll out the 3 room-temperature pie crusts and cut out mini pies using a cookie cutter (you can also use a drinking glass as a backup). Each pie crust will make 9 mini pies for a total of 27 mini pies. Place 12 mini pie crusts in the muffin tin. Then fill the mini pie crusts with the apple pie recipe mixture. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Let the baked pies sit in the tin for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Once you have transferred the mini pies to the cooling rack, place 12 more mini pie crusts in the muffin tin, add the filling, and bake again. You’ll need to repeat this step a total of 3 times.
Step 1: Prepare the pie filling
Step 2: Prepare the mini pie crusts
Step 3: Prepare the muffin tin
Step 4: Fill the mini pie crusts with apple mixture
Step 5: Bake and Enjoy!
Equipment to make this Mini Apple Pie Recipe
You’ll need the following kitchen equipment for this mini apple pie recipe:
- Large and small mixing bowls
- Muffin tin
- Measuring spoons
- Round cookie cutter
- Cooling rack
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
Easy Mini Apple Pies
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 spatula
- 12-cup muffin tin
- 1 round cookie cutter
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Chefs knife
- 3 Pie crusts unbaked
- 1/2 cup Butter unsalted, melted and cooled
- 3 Apples medium
- 3/4 cup Walnuts optional
- 3/4 cup Sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar light
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove pie crusts from the refrigerator and let the dough come to room temperature before rolling them out.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with canola oil and set aside.
Prepare apple pie mixture
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Be careful not to overheat. Set aside.
- Dice the apples into tiny cubes. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the walnuts. Add to the large mixing bowl with the apples.
- Add the melted butter, sugars, and cinnamon to the large bowl with the apples and walnuts. Mix to combine.
Preparing the pies
- Unroll the room-temperature pie crusts using your hands.
- Using a cookie cutter, create 9 circles on each pie crust, for a total of 27 mini pies.
- Place a mini pie crust in each cavity of the muffin tin.
- Using a large serving spoon, fill the pie crust with the apple pie mixture. Repeat for the remaining 11 cups. (You will need to repeat this entire step two more times, for a total of 27 mini pies).
- Place the prepared muffin tin in the 350-degree oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the mini pies sit in the tin for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the mini pies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You May Also Like
I Want To Hear From You!
What is your favorite type of pie? Do you prefer a slice of pie or a mini pie? Would you make this mini apple pie recipe again? Share your feedback in the comments section below!