No-Bake Cake Balls
Simple, 3 ingredient, easy, no-bake cake balls recipe made without cake mix (just chocolate, oreo, and cream cheese).
- Food chopper or food processor (or a large zip-lock bag and rolling pin as a last resort)
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Large microwave-safe mxing bowl
- Two cookie trays (or dinner plates
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop (optional, but super helpful)
- 1 package Oreos (regular) crushed
- 10 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese room temp
- 24 oz Wilton candy melts
- Crush all 36 Oreos using an electric food chopper or food processor. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your appliance.
- Add the Oreos to the bowl with the cream cheese and whip on low, just until incorporated.
- Freeze the mixture for about 15 minutes (the dough will be sticky after step #3. Cooling the dough prior to step #5 will actually save you time later).
- Scoop the dough into small round balls, using a cookie scooper to create that perfect sphere shape, and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray in the freezer for about 15 minutes (this step is so important prior to cover the mixture in chocolate).
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a large microwave-safe bowl on high for 30-second increments, or according to the package instructions, while the cake balls are in the refrigerator or freezer. Mix the chocolate before starting the microwave again.
- Line another tray with parchment paper.
- Remove 3 cake balls from the freezer and drop into the chocolate. Use a fork to ensure the entire ball is covered. Then move to the tray. Leaving the remaining oreo balls in the freezer and repeating this step in small batches prevents the cream cheese from coming to room temperature and makes the cake balls SO much easier to work with.
- Cover with sprinkles.
- Recipe inspired by Simply Home Cooked's Oreo Cake Balls: https://simplyhomecooked.com/oreo-cake-balls/#wprm-recipe-container-19968