What’s a great way to make your Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving event a little more festive this year?
T H I S T U R K E Y C H E E S E B A L L.
Seriously though, this cheese ball:
- Can be made the night before, to save you time the day of the event.
- Only requires 1 bowl, so you don’t have to add any extra dishes to your sink that’s already stacked high with dirty dishes due to Friendsgiving/ Thanksgiving prep.
- Check out my Ultimate Friendsgiving Guide here.
- Can be customized for a vegetarian (or just lighter!) option:
- Replace turkey jerky with ritz crackers
- Replace bacon with pretzel rods
Preparing the cheese ball mixture
- Begin by whipping the cream cheese for about 3 minutes using a hand mixer.
- Add the remaining cheese ball ingredients to the whipped cream cheese and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large piece of cling wrap. Form in the shape of a ball.
- Melt 1 chocolate morsel on a microwave-safe dish for 3 seconds.
- Place the 2 candy eyes, 1 candy corn, and 1 pretzel rod on the chocolate morsel.
- Insert the pretzel rod into the cheese ball mixture.
- Insert the bacon strips into the back of the turkey ball.
- Cover remaining sections with turkey jerky.
Turkey Cheese Ball
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Plastic wrap
- 16 oz Cream cheese whipped, room temp
- 1/4 cup Pimentos diced
- 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Sharp chedder cheese finely shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmasean cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Bacon diced
- 1/4 cup Green onions white parts
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 Pretzel rod
- 2 Candy eyes
- 1 Candy corn
- 1 Chocolate morsel
- 4 strips Bacon
- Turkey jerky* to cover
- Crackers to serve
Prepare cheese ball toppings
- Cook bacon according to package instructions. Let it cool completely (The bacon is also used to prepare the cheese ball mixture below).
- Melt the cholcate morsel on a microwave-safe dish for 3 seconds. This will melt the chocolate just enough to add the candy eyes, candy corn (nose), and pretzel rod (neck).
Prepare cheese ball mixture
- Whip the cream cheese using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer (this makes it easier for your guests to dig in)
- Add the remaining cheese ball ingredients (don't include turkey decorations) and mix using a wooden spoon
- Transfer the mixture to plastic wrap. Once completely covered, form into a ball.
- Insert the pretzel rod into the cheese ball. Then add the bacon. Finally, cover the rest of the cheese ball with turkey jerky.