What better way is there to start off a Saturday or Sunday brunch than with this waffle board?
Using homemade, fresh, or frozen waffles, you can build your own waffle board with bacon and all of your favorite waffle toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
When was the last time you had a waffle?
Before this waffle board, my answer would’ve been ‘way too long.’
I think waffles are one of the most underrated breakfast and brunch foods out there.
Waffles are the perfect combination of light, fluffy, and crispy. Also, the divots in the waffles are perfect to hold butter and maple syrup.
So let’s bring waffles back with this brunch board.
Waffle Board: Table of Contents
Waffle Board Ingredients
There are four main elements of a waffle board are waffles, sides, fruit, and waffle toppings.
When picking your specific ingredients, make sure to consider season, sales, and/or guest preferences.
Check out the recipe card below for exactly what I used for this waffle brunch board.
Homemade: If you have time or help in the kitchen, you can’t go wrong with homemade waffles.
I have this mini waffle maker and it’s perfect for me because it’s inexpensive and doesn’t take up much room in the kitchen.
If I had waffles as often as I’d like, I’d buy this multi mini waffle maker so that I could make multiple waffles at once.
Frozen: I think I had my first frozen waffle at 26 years old, and that was about 25 years too late. They really are yummy! I recommend frozen waffles for the following scenarios:
- If the board is for kids (they probably can’t tell the difference ?)
- You want flavored waffles (such as blueberry or chocolate chip)
Fresh, Store-Bought: This option may not work for everyone but I still want to mention it.
Costco sells 12 petite individually wrapped Belgian waffles for about $9 and they are so easy and delicious. These waffles are what I used for the waffles pictured in this post.
Eggs (scrambled, fried, or hard-boiled), fried chicken, bacon, sausage, ham, yogurt
Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, grapes, peaches, raspberries, blackberries
Sweet: syrup, peanut butter, chocolate chips, sprinkles, whipped cream, powdered sugar, Nutella, butter, ice cream, maraschino cherries
Savory: Sriracha, cheese, green onions, cream cheese
What You Need To Sever A Waffle Board
- Large serving board: to present and serve your waffles!
- Small square cast iron pan: while you won’t cook the eggs in this pan, it’s cute addition to serve them in.
- Tongs: so your guests can prepare their own plate.
- Small glass bowls: to serve things such as yogurt and chocolate chips.
- Syrup dispenser: what’s a waffle board without syrup? ☺️
How To Make A Waffle Board
Step 1: Prepare The Toppings
First, arrange the toppings you have selected in small glass bowls.
This includes chopping up nuts, pouring the syrup into its dispenser, removing the butter from the fridge so it can come to room temperature, etc.
If you are serving ice cream on your waffle board, leave it in the freezer until it’s time to serve your board.
Step 2: Prepare The Fruit
First, wash, dry, and slice the fruit.
Next, place small berries in small glass bowls.
Larger fruits like peaches and strawberries can be placed directly on the board (but wait until Step 5 to do this).
Step 3: Prepare The Sides
If you are including yogurt, then start by placing it in a small glass bowl. Leave the bowl in the fridge until you serve your board.
Next, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Individually cook the sides: scramble the eggs, fry the bacon, bake the ham, etc.
As you finish cooking a side dish, put it on a tray in the oven to keep it warm.
Step 4: Prepare the Waffles
As noted above, you have three options for your waffles: homemade, frozen, and fresh.
Homemade: Follow the recipe instructions or the instructions on the back of the waffle mix box.
Frozen: Follow the instructions on the back of the package. This usually includes heating the frozen waffles in the toaster or microwave.
Fresh: The easiest of all 🙂 simply remove the waffles from the package.
Step 5: Assemble The Board
Start by arranging the waffles in a waved line from the upper-right corner to the lower-left corner.
Position different fruit at both ends of the waffle line (top right and lower left corner).
Place the small cast iron pan with eggs (or bacon, ham, etc.) in the upper left corner.
Next, add bacon (or ham, sausage, etc.) in the lower-left corner.
Lastly, place the sliced fruit, syrup dispensers, and remaining glass bowls with small fruits and toppings throughout the board.
When To Serve A Waffle Board
There are so many perfect occasions to serve a waffle brunch board! Here are some of my favorite occasions:
How To Customize Your Waffle Board For Any Theme or Occasion
- Pick your waffle maker (heart-shaped, Mikey-shaped, etc.).
- Pick your waffle flavor (pumpkin, chocolate chip, etc.).
- Decide on toppings that fit the occasion or theme of your board.
- Gather equipment and ingredients.
- Assemble your board and enjoy!
Below are five different ideas for you to consider. Enjoy!
Mickey Mouse Waffle Board
- What you need: Micky mouse serving tray, Micky mouse waffle maker
- Ingredients: Micky mouse-shaped waffles, maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh cherries (and/or maraschino), strawberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, bacon
Valentine’s Day Waffle Board
- What you need: Valentine’s Day serving platter, heart waffle maker
- Ingredients: Heart-shaped waffles, maple syrup, hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream, fresh cherries (and/or maraschino), strawberries, raspberries, chocolate chips,
Pumpkin Waffle Board
- What you need: Fall serving platter, pumpkin waffle maker, pumpkin waffles
- Ingredients: Pumpkin-shaped-and-flavored waffles, maple syrup, caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate chips, candied walnuts, bacon
- What you need: Patriotic serving platter
- Ingredients: Waffles, maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh cherries (and/or maraschino), strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, ham, bacon
Waffle Ice Cream Sundae
- What you need: Waffle bowl maker, ice cream koozies
- Ingredients: Waffles, ice cream, maple syrup, hot fudge, whipped cream, fresh cherries (and/or maraschino), strawberries, bananas, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips, bacon
Other Breakfast & Brunch Recipes You May Like
I Want To Hear From You!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments below.
Also, if you made this waffle board or any variation, I’d love to see it!
Tag me on Instagram: @lifestyledbysam_
- Serving board
- Small square cast iron dish
- Small glass bowls
- Syrup dispenser
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups strawberries
- 1.5 cups green grapes
- 1 large peach
- 1 large banana
- 10 oz yogurt
- 6 large eggs
- 10 oz bacon
Prepare The Toppings
- Halve the walnuts and place them in a small glass bowl.
- Pour the syrup into the syrup dispensers.
- Place the mini chocolate chips in a small glass bowl.
Prepare The Fruit
- Wash and dry the strawberries and the grapes. Set them aside until you assemble the board.
- Slice the peach and set it aside until you assemble the board.
- Peel and slice the banana. Place the slices in a small glass bowl.
Prepare The Mains
- Transfer the yogurt from the container to a small glass bowl. Leave the bowl in the fridge until you serve your board.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Scramble the eggs. Place the scrambled eggs in the mini cast iron in the oven while you prepare the bacon.
- Fry the bacon on a skillet. Once cooked, place the bacon on a plate and pat them with a paper towel to remove excess grease.
Prepare The Waffles
- Cook the waffles according to the package or recipe instructions.
Assemble The Board
- Start by arranging the waffles from the upper-right corner to the lower-left corner.
- Position the cast iron pan with eggs in the upper left corner, and the bacon in the lower right corner.
- Position the green grapes in the upper right corner, and 3 strawberries in the lower-left corner.
- Arrange the bananas to lower left of the bacon and the mini chocolate chips above it..
- Place the walnuts below the eggs.
- Fill remaining empty spaces with syrup, peaches, and remaining strawberries.